Initial consultation: approx. 60 minutes in duration.
- Comprehensive case-history is taken- this includes the complete details of the presenting complaint as well as a thorough evaluation of the patient’s overall physical, mental and emotional health.
- Pertinent physical examination- including assessment of vital signs and blood pressure as deemed necessary.
- Homoeopathic Facial Analysis and Iridological examination- this assists in the determination of the patient’s overall health state and facilitates the tailoring of a specific treatment plan to the patient’s condition.
- Eastern Medicine Pulse Diagnosis- assessment of the radial pulse according to TCM methodology assists in the determination of the patient’s overall state of health.
- Further diagnostic evaluation (in the form of sending for blood tests and/or diagnostic imaging e.g. ultrasound/ x-rays) as required.
- Nutritional counselling and lifestyle recommendations- including the provision of a nutritional plan specified to the patient’s blood-type.
- Appropriate prescription of medicines and treatment protocols- Dr Norton dispenses directly from her practice.
Please note that patients are requested to bring along any pertinent medical information (including a list of all medications currently being prescribed) and any recent test results to their initial consultation.
Initial consultation is charged at R1200.00 (exclusive of medicines dispensed).
Follow-up consultation: 30-45 minutes
- Patient’s response to treatment is assessed and adjustments to treatment protocol and lifestyle recommendations are applied if required.
- For acute conditions an average of 1-2 follow-ups may be required (in certain instances, should the condition completely resolve after initial consultation and treatment, no immediate follow-up may be required).
- For chronic complaints the number of follow-up consultations required/recommended will vary according to the patient’s condition.
- Dr Norton maintains a referral network with a range of specialist physicians should the need for further diagnostic assessment (e.g. MRI/CT scans/ endoscopy) or integrative treatment be required by the patient.
- Follow-up consultations are charged at R850.00 (exclusive of medicines dispensed).
This practice is contracted out of medical aid- patients are required to settle accounts themselves directly after consultation (card facilities available) and thereafter they may claim back from their medical aid.