DNAlysis Nutrigenomic and Functional Testing.
An individualised approach to health utilising the information obtained from analyzing our unique genetic code allows for a tailored approach to dietary and lifestyle interventions as well as personalised treatment plans. By analysing the functioning of a patient’s genes, health-optimisation and disease-prevention strategies can be implemented in a target-specific format. For further information on the nutrigenomic and functional testing offered, kindly contact Dr Norton’s practice via email.
- DNA Health- assesses multiple genes related to inflammatory pathways, detoxification, lipid and glucose metabolism and oxidative stress response.
- DNA Diet- assesses mutiple genes related to genetic obesity risk, carbohydrate and lipid-sensitivity, exercise response and eating behaviour.
- DNA Sport- assesses multiple genes related to optimal sport performance, injury-risk, exercise-recovery and peak performance time.
- DNA Oestrogen- assesses multiple genes related to oestrogen metabolism and personal genetic risk factors associated with HRT, OCP and IVF use.
- DNA Mind- assesses multiple genes related to neuroplasticity and neurodegenerative disorders as well as habit-response and mood.
- DNA Skin- assesses multiple genes related to collagen formation, sun sensitivity and pigmentation-risk as well as oxidative stress response.
- Medcheck Test: assesses the safety and efficacy of a variety of commonly prescribed pharmaceutical medications based on the patient’s unique genetics.
Food Intolerance Testing Offered At Dr Norton’s Practice
The Food Detective test kit makes use of a finger-prick sample of blood and tests for sensitivity /intolerance to 46 foods (including gluten, eggs, nuts, wheat and dairy). The test is conducted at Dr Norton’s practice and the patient receives their results within 45 minutes at their scheduled Food Intolerance Test consultation.
Prior booking through Dr Norton’s practice is essential as the test kit is imported from the UK and the consultation/testing process takes 45 minutes.
Results and a recommended eating plan (to be utilised in conjunction with the patient’s blood-type plan) are received at the consultation.